CLX Communications AB (publ): Year-end report, January - December 2017
January - December 2017
- Net sales increased by 68 percent to SEK 3,058.1 million (1,817.3). Organic growth was 8 percent.
- EBITDA amounted to SEK 263.2 million (120.6).
- EBITDA excluding items affecting comparability1 (adjusted EBITDA) amounted to SEK 296.7 million (185.5), corresponding to SEK 5.73 (4.03) per share.
- Operational foreign exchange differences affected operating profit for the period by SEK -1.2 million (6.4).
- EBIT amounted to SEK 124.9 million (74.5).
- Tax for the year was affected positively by SEK 86.8 million due to new corporate tax rate in the US and capitalization of loss carryforwards in the UK.
- Profit after tax for the period amounted to SEK 134.4 million (82.4).
- Basic and diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.58 (2.03).
Fourth quarter, October - December 2017
- Net sales increased by 36 percent to SEK 909.3 million (669.6). Organic growth was 7 percent.
- EBITDA amounted to SEK 76.0 million (68.1).
- EBITDA excluding items affecting comparability1 (adjusted EBITDA) amounted to SEK 70.1 million (76.0), corresponding to SEK 1.31 (1.56) per share. Items affecting comparability during the quarter included revenue of SEK 11.8 million due to a write-down of earn-out for Xura.
- Operational foreign exchange differences affected operating profit for the quarter by SEK 3.8 million (-1.8).
- EBIT amounted to SEK 31.1 million (46.5).
- Tax for the period was affected positively by SEK 86.8 million as an effect of a new corporate tax rate in the US and capitalization of loss carryforwards in the UK.
- Profit after tax for the quarter amounted to SEK 90.3 million (53.2).
- Basic and diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.69 (1.09).
Significant events during the quarter
- Dialogue's operations in mobile payments in the United Kingdom and Ireland were divested. In consideration, CLX will receive a portion of gross profits for 36 months and the capital gain amounted to SEK 3.2 million.
Significant events after the end of the period
- Anders Olin began as the Chief Operating Officer for the Enterprise Division on 15 January. In that role, he will head up all commercial activities in the Division.
- See the table on page 4 for a specification of items affecting comparability.
Invitation to report presentation by phone or online
The report will be presented at a phone conference at 09.00 CET on 16 February.
To participate in the presentation by phone, please call any of the following numbers and state the code 4334037:
SE: +46 (0) 8 506 539 42
UK: +44 (0) 33 0336 9411
US: +1 323 794 2149
Register here to watch the presentation via Webcast: https://edge.media-server.com/m6/p/np92uodf.
For additional information, please contact:
Thomas Ahlerup, Chief Investor Relations Officer Tel +46 76 896 63 00
Odd Bolin, CFO Tel +46 70 428 31 73
Note: The information in this year-end report is such that CLX Communications AB (publ) is required to publish under the EU market abuse regulation. The information was submitted for publication on 16 February 2018 at 08:00 CET.
This report is published in Swedish and English. In case of any differences between the English version and the Swedish original text, the Swedish version shall apply. This report has not been subject to review by the company's independent auditor.